Emmett James spent his childhood in Croydon, South London, and finished his schooling in Cambridge, England. While studying acting at Strasberg Actors Studio in London, he began working in theater, eventually moving to Los Angeles in the 90’s to pursue an acting career in film and television.
He has gone on to work extensively as a thespian in every single medium, including the following noteworthy projects:
Film & Television:
- 6 months of work shooting James Cameron’s Titanic,in which he played the youngest steward onboard the ship. Since completing his work on the film, he went on to appear in 2 separate Titanic films, and a video game playing 3 real life characters onboard the ship.
- A recurring role on TV’s popular series NYPD Blue, where he played officer Jill Kirkendall’s live-in Nanny, a role created and written especially for him. This role ultimately reunited him with his Titanic co-star Kathy Bates who was director of the FOX series.
- The lead actor with Judge Reinhold on two seasons of the series Redemption High.
- A recurring role on America’s longest running soap opera General Hospital, playing Neal McAllister the wealthy friend of Prince Nikolas Cassadine.
- A role on the Wolfgang Petersen CBS drama The Agency which reunited him with director Paul Michael Glaser, who Emmett worked with in the film Kazaam starring Shaquille O’Neal.
Film and Video Game Voice-Over:
- Emmett played the lead role of Allen Rowe in Call of Duty: Finest Hour. Call of Duty has now gone down in the history books as one of the best selling video game franchises of all time.
- Emmett’s voiceover talents can also be heard in the Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise. The film series went on to gross over 4 billion dollars for Disney.
- R.O.D the TV,directed by Koji Masunari, where Emmett provides the voice for the evil ‘Mirror Man;’ a sneaky agent that has learned to disappear from sight by refracting the light around him.
- Itsurō Kawasaki’s cult favorite, Licensed by Royalty, in which he voices two main characters in the series ‘Mr. Frost’ and ‘The Director’.
- Hellsing Ultimate Ova Series, based on Kouta Hirano‘s mangaseries in which Emmett voices the role of the series, ‘Detective’.
- Emmett also provides the lead voice for the evil ‘Wilfred Hermeien’ in Square Enix’s The Last Remnant. The Last Remnant was the latest offering from the creators of the Final Fantasy franchise.
- As his role as a producer Emmett has produced 10 films in Hollywood focusing on bringing a voice to his favourite subject “the underdog.” His latest is 40 Years Of Rocky starring Sylvester Stallone. This film will be released in June of 2020.
Projects that Emmett James has lent his talents to have been honored with Academy Awards®, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, Emmys, and BAFTA awards. He was also presented with a prestigious ADA award for his work on the Los Angeles stage.
In addition to acting, he has produced, taught and directed film, stage, and television productions in Hollywood and London. He has also published a memoir – Admit One: My Life in Film– which was subsequently honored with a Book of the Year Award. Emmett James continues to live and work in Hollywood today,